View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 10:04

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Secrets - MDK2 
Administrator
Administrator

Post Secrets - MDK2
You found something interesting while playing? Post it here, we'll put all stuff on the main page.

07 Jul 2011, 12:49
Profile WWW
Puppy Wuppy
Puppy Wuppy

Post Re: Secrets - MDK2
I've played MDK2 HUNDREDS of times. :ugeek:
That is how I came across these: (note: please give me credit for these.)

****CONFIRMED SECRETS****

Level 1:
1. Everyone knows this one: When you reach the first massive room, the one with the alien generator, and fan, there is a room beyond the sniper lock that is set in that circular hole in the wall. Just glide in...

2. After you use all those sniper mortars to bomb the domes, you reach this tunnel, right? exit the tunnel. There is the fan that leads to the LOOOOOOONG vertical pipe that leads to Hanz, the (cue deep echo voice) *FINAL BOSS*.
Ride the fan to the mouth of the vertical pipe, but do not go up! Instead, turn to the tunnel you exited, and glide onto it's roof. You will find... a black hole grenade. Not too useful by now, but it's cool....

3. During the boss fight, you will occasionally see platforms glide by in the distance. These replace any of the lower class aliens you kill during the boss fight. There is a sniper lock underneath the both, and if you are sharp enough, you can shoot the lock to stop the aliens respawning.
Probably more trouble then it's worth though...

Level 2:
4. Another one you'll probably know: Where you begin , the walls to your left and right are destructable.

5. This room is a bit farther in; it has a high platform with 2 bifs on it, and like to alien generators on ledges. On those ledges, there are little nooks in the ceiling with guns and health.

Level 3:
6. Try the fart cheat (L + R + Left + A for the dreamcast veesion) three times in front of the fireplace...

7. In the room with Chuckleberry Finn, light your cigarette lighter underneath one of the standing rockets...

8. After you press the button with Chuckleberry Finn, a wall opens up. Go to the groove of the wall on the right side. There is a door!
Go in and visit a familiar room.

9. This is the part with all that girder jumping. At one point, you will jump on to a brownish pipe, then onto another girder, and contiue along it to the left. Two girders form a stair, and you enter the wall to the left. BUT WAIT! Continue straight past the entrance, and walk along the girder to the end. then, equip the ladder and use it (the ladder anchor is invisible). Walk to the end of the girder you reach, repeat. Repeat once more, and you reach a mr. fizzy jackpot. The same method is used to return.

Level 4:

10. Apparently, there are certain stars in sky that you can zoom in on with your sniper helmet, and you'll see a picture of the developers.

11. You'll reach that room, with two of those really hard to kill aliens. (they are big, have a big gun on their chest, and spines.)
There is also an alien generator that spawns these little puppy things that rush you.
ANYway, You enter this room from a vertical pipe going down, and you are on top of this weird globular structure in the air. there is another one in front of you, with a cloak floating to it's side. This second structure has an entrance on the side facing the wall.

12. There is this place, where you are on the ground, but there is a drop to lower ground beneath you. There is a bif on a ledge to your left, and another one below you. Do not drop down. Kill the bifs, then glide to the corner just to your right. There is a fan there that you can use to reach the left ledge.
(Note: On the lower ground, there is a door to your right. It has an apple, but if you get it, you hear a laugh, and the room spins. There are more doors now, so the exit is unclear, but I think it MAY be to your immediate right. This room is stupid by the way. It has no purpose)

Level 5:

13. Before you drop down to the circular room with the rotating lasers, there are to gat guns on the other side of the girder.
(Note: I haven't played MDK2 in a LONG time, so I'm uncertain about the exact location of these. The re is a small possibility that these guns are in a different, but similar location.)

14. In the labyrinth, there is a metal wall with a crack in it. shoot it for some shotguns.(The wall should be on the way to exit of the labyrinth, you do not have to out of your way to find it.)

15. After the labyrinth, you reach the bridge that breaks. there are many aliens here, and 2 grates on the walls. The right one is easier to reach, but the left one is possible to. You can reach the left one by using the crates on the left, some jut out a little bit.

16. Maybe the worst part of level 5, is the tedious part just before the boss, where you jump on little platforms on the green sludge river and aliens keep spawning. Never fear, thelamebrain is here with a solution: Before you fall, If you saved a little rocket fuel from the previous area, then you can fly over the breaking bridge to the other side. There is some health here, and some guns. Shoot out the wall at the end and jump down. Ta-da!

Everyone knows the telescope, so I won't be going into that.

Level 6:

17. When you are solving the last bomb, you can find some plutonium in the upper left corner.

Level 7:

18: After you run from Shwang's ship, and solve the first room, you reach a room with 3 sniper lock behind wall extensions, and a big pit in the middle. Now look around the wall. Look REAL hard. You'll find a weird little design on the wall near the floor, vaguely resembling a target. Walk into the wall a little bit left of it. You'll go through the wall into a little room full of cool stuff. :D

19. On the last checkpoint, when you JUST get out of the tunnel, turn left. you'll see a black shape, that sort of resembles a sinking ship.
You can reach it by gliding over. It has lots of cool stuff on it.

20. Also at the last checkpoint, at the exit of the tunnel: There are two poles with a blue dot on top at the sides of the platform. Jump onto either one, and then jump onto the roof of the tunnel. (there's a dummy decoy here!)
You can reach the well known castle in the sky from here. To the right of your original position (still on the roof) fire your chaingun around. you should see it ricocheting off an invisible path. Follow it (It's long) to a yellow square. This is a fan. Glide up (it's long). At the end will be another invisible path you'll have to find. Follow it to the castle. The castle has a wacky picture of the developers behind it.

The giant conehead is well known. I won't be going into that one.
Level 8:

21. At the nuclear tower section, Go right to the well lit section. Somewhere in the floor is an elevator. I don't know it's precise location, but it's there somewhere. (And could someone please tell me how to climb it up? I can't figure it out, and keep having to use the stupid elevator.)

Level 9:

22: There is this place where you must destroy an alien generator to press a button beneath it. There are also some birdbrains hanging out here. You should see a path to the right. Follow it to get a mr.fizzy.

23. There is this puzzle, right? You press the button, and the wall opens up, reveling 2 buttons, press the correct one the wall opens up, revealing 3 buttons,etc. When you finish it, before exiting the area, search the wall to the right of the door. You should find a shape resembling the one in secret 18. It's a door that will open and have cool stuff in it.

24. This one will be a bit vague. There is a maze where you must use your ladder to go up. There is a floor piece close to the right wall I think. It will open if approached revealing some items inside. I don't know the precise way to get to it, sorry.

Level 10:

No secrets known

****UNCONFIRMED SECRETS****

Level 2: This secret was on Bioware's website a long time ago. Apparently, those doors that give you guns and health (but more often, a boxing glove) Have about a 1/200 chance of giving you these really weird weapons, like the "black hole gun..."

Level ?: I've heard a rumor that you can find Waldo somewhere.

The mixed up character cheat: Press START to pause the game. Now hold L+R and press Up, Down, Right, Left, A, Y, B, X, X+START.
Your character will become part Kurt, part Max and part Doctor Hawkins.

12 Mar 2012, 22:39
Puppy Wuppy
Puppy Wuppy

Nobody has any thoughts on these secrets or what?
I thought they would rock someones world for sure, I'm pretty sure most of these haven't been discovered yet...

14 Mar 2012, 23:19
Administrator
Administrator

Actually, I knew most of these secrets. Nevertheless, thanks, that you've posted them here. I'll try to add them someday to the main page ;)

BTW. I heard about this Waldo too, but I never saw him.

15 Mar 2012, 21:52
Profile WWW
Puppy Wuppy
Puppy Wuppy

Additional notes:
You can kill Bottrocks with one hit, if you shoot their head in sniper mode.
You can kill bifs in one shot, if you shoot the eye on their belts in sniper mode, although this is pretty hard as the eye keeps opening and closing.

The toast that the doctor makes in the first level restores health. (Unconfirmed.)

In level 2, at the very beginning when you go straight: Take out the alarms (the red flashing lights) as soon as you come upon them. If you’re quick enough, this stops the enemies from spawning on each side of the room. (unconfirmed.)

Found more info about the punch walls in level 2:
"As an added temptation to take the gamble, you may get really lucky and find a Super item such as a Laser Gatling Gun or a Black Hole Bomb! Greg Zeschuk from Bioware tells us there’s roughly a 2% chance that you’ll get a Super item from a Punch Wall. "

Docter's items guide:
Effects (These emanate from each item or creation, or as a result of combining items and creations)
Item or combination Resulting Effect

Atomic Toaster (created by Kermit from the Toaster)No effect by itself, but when combined with the Loaf it creates a deadly bouncing piece of Atomic Toast
Atomic Toaster + Baguette create a Guided Toast Missile
Atomic Toaster + Ladder create an Electrical Shock
Atomic Toaster + Loaf create an Atomic Toast Projectile
Atomic Toaster + Pumpernickel create a Dry Toast Mortar
Duct Tape is used to fix a hole later in Level 3; also used with the Magnets to make Antigravity Boots
Empty Fishbowl is used in Level 3 to prevent choking when the atmosphere is sucked out of a room
Fishbowl is used in Level 3 to start the Fish Game
Hand Dryer has No effect by itself
Leaf Blower (Pipes + Hand Dryer, with Duct Tape) Blows enemies aside
Lighter Lights up darkened areas
Loaf has no effect by itself
Magnet has no effect by itself
Molotov (The Sauce + Rags) has no effect by itself, but when combined with the Lighter… kaboom!
Molotov + Lighter = Thrown Molotov
Mr. Fizzy Heals 50 points
Pile of Rags has no effect by itself
Pipes have no effect by itself
Plutonium (first from Kermit) When consumed, it turns Doc into Hyde
The Sauce has no effect by itself
The Sauce + Lighter create an Explosion
Toast (Loaf + Toaster) has no effect by itself
Toaster has no effect by itself
Toaster + Loaf makes Toast

Docs list of items seems to include "Kurt's coordinates". I don't know what this is.

Of course, try to exit the bathroom without washing your hands....

In level 4 in the room with the ultra bottrocks, there is apparantly a sniper grenade on a ledge high up which you can reach by parachuting down the tunnel slowly.
In level 4 in the vortex room, you can get the cloak:
Hidden Cloak
You can capture a Cloak in here if you play your cards right. To get to it, enter each alcove all the way up to the top of the Vortex chamber, and then return to the bottom alcove. The Cloak will be waiting for you at the bottom.

In level 4 there is a room with 3 bifs and a fire pit in the middle. Ride the air currant in the fire place up, but be careful as the currant only exists in the exact center.

Got info from strategy guide here: http://web.archive.org/web/20020206123323/http://www.interplay.com/mdk2/walkthru1.html

19 Mar 2012, 19:55
Administrator
Administrator

thelamebrain wrote:
Atomic Toaster + Ladder create an Electrical Shock

I've never heard about this before. Sounds interesting ;)

thelamebrain wrote:
In level 4 in the vortex room, you can get the cloak:
Hidden Cloak

You can also get Black Hole Grenade, Dummy Decoy and some more stuff, when you'll find a secret entrance to this "balloon" thing, near Hidden Cloak ;)

19 Mar 2012, 21:59
Profile WWW
Puppy Wuppy
Puppy Wuppy

Yeah, I covered that, see secret 11.
This cloak is the cloak that keeps disappearing in that room when you have to snipe the balls that move up and down.
I'm gonna see if I can contact bioware about that waldo thing, should I?

20 Mar 2012, 00:46
Puppy Wuppy
Puppy Wuppy

Bad news;
Ladder + toaster creating an electrical shock has been disconfirmed. It's not true. just tried it. :(
I also cannot find a good email address to contact bioware with, sadly.

20 Mar 2012, 03:04
Puppy Wuppy
Puppy Wuppy

Just had time to confirm the sauce + lighter creating an explosion. It really does work, although it's not too useful as it damages you.
Also confirmed sniper grenade in second area of level 4. It's to the right of those blimp things, a door in the wall.
(apologies for triple posting)

26 Mar 2012, 16:01
Puppy Wuppy
Puppy Wuppy

Hey seems like I just found unseen secret. Level 3. Get sauce, and equip it into left hand. Get close to fireplace, and get -10hp per bottle.
*click*

EDIT: Here's code that makes this secret.
Code:
l3_fireplace.OnUpdate = function(gob)

local doc = mdkGetPlayerGob()

if(mdkGobDistance(gob, doc)<5 and mdkDocGetHeldItem(doc, 0)==OBJ_BOOZE) then

mdkCreateObjectLua('boom', OBJ_EXPLOSION0, mdkGetScene(), doc, 'dr_footl')
        mdkDealDamage(l3_fireplace, doc, 10, DAMAGE_BADGUY, -1)
        mdkDocRemoveHeldItem(doc, 0,1)

end

end

Programming is love. Programming is life. Respect C. Love Java. Enjoy C#. Like C++. Have fun with Lua. Hate Python. Abuse Low-level. Blame Microsoft. Be always off by one. Remember 3 features of OOP: Encapsulation, Inheritance, Polymorphism.

01 Jun 2014, 12:16
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]